Monday, May 04, 2009

Maybe you need to hear this too...

I turned on the radio for about 30 seconds today and this is, in part, what I heard in that short amount of time...
"There is a Power in this world that's bigger than the circumstances you walk in."
It really struck me and spoke to me in a way that I needed to hear. It's easy to get wrapped up in our problems, isn't it?! How great it is to know that God didn't just create this world and then leave us all to fend for ourselves. He cares intimately about every one of us and offers us strength and patience and grace and abilities and whatever we need to go through our days. He cares about our great days and our not-so-great days.
He gives us new mornings and fresh starts and offers unconditional love no matter how many times we fall down or doubt or fail. He is good and promises to meet our every need. He even knows our needs before we do. He is faithful to those whose trust is in Him.
I needed to hear that again today.
I hope to encourage anyone else that needs to hear it too.
Nothing we face is too big or beyond the realm of God. He can do it. Our task is to trust fully in Him.
I often wonder how people go through their days without having God to lean on and carry them through. I don't know what I would do without His care.
I need it- every hour of every day!
Maybe you do too!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

"There is a Power in this world that's bigger than the circumstances you walk in."
What perfect timing God has!
I was at my computer researching lymphoma...because we earlier received a call from my husbands doctor..with not such good news...
..I switched over to my blog and saw your post...reminding me to trust completely in Him.
Thank you,

Thank you,

Stephanie said...

Thank you is enough for your post today......

I had tears in my eyes because of the release of holding my breathe with the overwhelment I had.

Stephanie

Kerry said...

Thanks so much for this. Between not feeling well. Dealing with court with my Son. Just so many things on my mind today. I to am giving it to HIm. Its in His Hands. Thanks

Anonymous said...

I too thank you for this reminder. I'm presently doing Beth Moore's "Believing God" and so many of us intellectually conseptualize God and believe He's God BUT do we truly "believe"??? I've been struggling with some physical issues that can be VERY painful and it's not cureable, save an intervention from God. I believe He can do that! BUT I also need the reminder that He's aware and that He hasn't desserted me and that I can trust Him---even though I might not be healed!! I can still praise Him as well--even if he doesn't heal me!
Earlier today I allowed myself to sink into a place of despair so to come here and read this has been HUGE. Thank you Jody!
WSL

Shawnna Samples said...

So true
and I so needed to hear it
Thanks so much :)

Lauren said...

You always meet me right where I'm at and I love you for it, Jody :)

LaVon Baker said...

An absolutely awesome quote! Sounds like something Lou Giglio would say in his message about "How Big is Our God?" (Google YouTube Lou Giglio, Laminin).
I have an encouraging word for "Anonymous" who is doing the "Believing God" Beth Moore study. It's in regard to her healing. The most important healing comes with the realization that God can use you inspite of an illness, disease, or handicap. The true healing comes when we realize that the disablity doesn't own us... God does. God is our Master, we are His servants. The role of Adonai is to provide us with EVERYTHING we need to accomplish the task He has given us to do. Adonai, our Perfect Master, will faithfully do just that for each one of us who are totally surrendered to Him, heart, mind, soul and body... regardless of how imperfect we feel we are. All we are required to do is trust and obey. Isn't that liberating?!!
Love you, Jody. You do amazing things without even realizing it. That's the faithful Spirit of God working through you to do His will. What joy unspeakable is ours in Him. Amazing.

Rebekah said...

Yep! I needed to hear this.Thanks Jody

Memaw Barbie said...

Surfergramdma is my momma and I too thank you for the perfectly timed post. We love and trust God, but sometimes we need reminding. Know that my momma and I pray for your family. blessings

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lavon!!! I totally know that God will use me despite my circumstances!! The Believing God part is knowing He can and He will--either on 'this' side OR the other!! :-) But I think I said that in my original post!