Monday, August 27, 2007

Doing your part...




Some of you may remember that photo of me and Capt. Dan Rooney from earlier this year when he was recognized at the Mentor West Michigan Sports Awards banquet. His work and passion for the Fallen Heroes Foundation is worthy and inspiring.
This Saturday, Septemeber 1st, is officially declared Patriot Day, and Dan's efforts in dreaming up and following through with his passion and heart for those have given the ultimate sacrifice in service to this country what has brought this day into reality.
There have been several articles and various media attention given to such a worthy cause, this one from Golf Digest. Another commentary is here at GolfWeek and yet another link for more information on how to personally get involved is here, at Play Golf America.com.
CBS recently did a special presentation on this upcoming Patriot Day and it was featured during the PGA Championship. You can watch that piece by following this link.
For those who may not know my connection and association with Dan, it is through my husband, Chip. Chip is the General manager/Director of Golf at Grand Haven Golf Club of which Dan and his parents are owners. Dan works closely with Chip in regards to the Club operations and I have had the privilege over the past few years to get to know Dan and his whole family as friends. I have personally been challenged and been filled with pride at times for all that Dan seeks to do in life- personally, professionally and spiritually. He has an intensity and passion for so many things- and this foundation has been one that has come straight from his heart and turned into an amazing opportunity for so many to share their hearts and pride with the families who have lost loved ones in service.
I am happy to be a small part of Dan's efforts and I hope that some of you might take advantage of this upcoming opportunity to do something so small- get your local golf club involved, or personally give to the Fallen Heroes Foundation- as a small way to thank the families whose lives have been changed forever, and who have given so much.
Thank you Dan...thank you service families...thanks to those who have sacrificed their all. It is an honor to recognize and thank each of you today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your dress in that top photo! Looking good. :)

Anonymous said...

Amen, amen, amen! Our servicemen and women are our angels!

And you, my dear, are looking mighty sassy with Dapper Dan, I must say!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jody, I think you may have a little crush on this guy.....

Kate said...

I'm pretty sure I already commented on that dress, but I have to say it again...you look totally hot! And I love hearing about Captain Dan's efforts. Anyone who is for supporting our troops, I am right there with them! Praying for our military families all over the world...

Jody said...

Dear Anonymous~
Thank you for your concern. I am happily married to my amazing, talented, passionate and equally driven, husband, Chip. Chip and Dan share many qualities...I admire those in each of them. That admiration is what you see when I speak of either of them.
But Chip has my heart, my love and devotion. In a way that I share intimately and ONLY with him. I take my marriage vows seriously...and my motives here in supporting Dan and feeling pride for all he has accomplished with his vision for the Fallen Heroes Foundation in no way compromises my marriage vows. I assure you, Chip knows how I feel about Dan...and he supports both of us. =)
I think being passionate and supportive is a world apart from passions. I am grateful for the comment section here to be able to distinguish the two.

Raesha D said...

What a great post!! My little brother is in Iraq...he's scheduled to come home in 27 DAYS!!!! I can't wait. I'm excited to check out the link and read about this foundation.

verapamil 80 mg said...

Thanks so much for the site, I found a lot of useful information for us.
liked the good program. there is something to think about ...