Saturday, November 05, 2011

It's going to be a major move...

Hello to so many new friends and readers coming here from Casey's blog. I am so encouraged and grateful for the notes you have sent me and how many of you have been touched by the story of Teagan that she shared with you. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope that you know in "real life" we are a fairly typical family with lots of ordinary days and activities just like you. We are sometimes awed how God uses our shortcomings and failures and even trials and tough times to make Himself more known to us and others through us. We definitely lean on Him and look to Him for guidance and so far we have had quite a ride in life.
It's about to take us a bit west again...all the way "home" to Minnesota from our current home here in west Michigan. Chip was recently offered and just accepted a position at Northfield Golf Club, so we will be packing everything here and moving 8 of us and all that stuff to where the orange arrow is pointing. We are so excited to be moving closer to so many of our family and friends again, although we have made some wonderful friends and been very loved and supported here in Michigan. We will miss all our friends here, but we know that God is opening this door for us and we are anxious to see how life is going to look for us in a new place. All this will happen by Christmas, so let's just say we have a lot of work to do between now and then. I probably should be packing something right now! =)
Anyway, if any of you readers- old or new- are in the area, I just might have to have a real life Nitty.Gritty. chat session to see who you all are once everything gets settled and I find a couple of hours of free time. That would be so much fun! As you must know then, this blog may get even more quiet than normal, and if that's the case you'll know I am buried under bozes somewhere, or trying to empty them out. I love the idea of decluttering and starting fresh in a new home again...but honestly, I could very well do without the hassle of packing. Wish me luck. Wish all of us luck and I bet I will have a few good stories to share with you all soon!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on moving back "home" to where your family & friends are!! What a blessing that is. It's amazing how God lays things out for us!!
Good luck on packing & moving...that is a major undertaking!!
I too love the idea of decluttering & moving into a new home! I hope we are able to do that within the next year! (fingers crossed!)
Take Care & God Bless Y'all.
(oh yeah...Congratulations to Chip on his new job!)

Anonymous said...

Yay for moving closer to family! It must be the season for moving because just this week, I have had four people tell me that they are moving before Christmas. May God help you through all the packing and moving!

jeeper said...

I am touched by your family. Will you be closer or farther away from Teagan's resting place?

jenny said...

Praying for you as you move, Jody. I know it's not an easy thing to do, but I appreciate your sense of adventure about the whole thing. God bless!

Soldier Mama said...

How exciting - I suppose your family is already used to winter and cold weather. We live in Cottage Grove, MN! Welcome Home!!

Lisa said...

Welcome back! I have been following your blog for a few years, which all started from a google search of the show "Good Company". I am a St. Paul girl at heart but currently reside in western WI. Welcome home!

Maria J Black said...

I was touched by your story about your response to the tragedy of your daughter. I can't even imagine having to go though that with one of my three. I am glad that the Lord has been a shining light in your darkness.

On another note, our family too is taking a major move. Ours is the first leg of our journey I suppose. But the five of us are going to relocate to Oklahoma from Georgia for a new job. So I know what you are going through there! I'll be sending prayers of safety your way. P.S. any economical tips to moving long-distances? ;-)

jo@blog-diggidy said...

oh....this makes me sad,i was hoping to eventually meet up for coffee or something here in michigan!! :( oh well, hope you have a safe trip and a blessed Christmas in Minnesota!!

Patti said...

My parents live in Jordan Minnesota which looks close to where you're going. :) So happy that you'll be closer to your family, that's so much support that is needed when you have kids.

Nilsa said...

Good luck.. Glad you'll be moving closer to family. God Bless your beautiful family.

angie on maui said...

Hi Jody,

I found you through Casey's blog and wanted to come by to say hello and to thank you for sharing Teagan's story. You are a beautiful soul with a loving heart and I look forward to reading more of your blog.

Blessings!
Angie

Angie Ulseth said...

Welcome to MN! I live several hours north of Northfield (Grand Rapids). Travel safely throughout your move!

Adrienne said...

So, so happy for you and your family, Jody! I've felt your difficulties over the last while and am happy God has blessed you with the opportunity to be closer to family. I wish I lived closer to come help you pack, but I'm sure you are feeling joyously overwhelmed!! Good luck with the move!