Friday, July 09, 2010

Summertime and siblings and smiles...






It's really summertime- July already! We had a great Coke Float night as a family but didn't really get the best photos out of our time together. The mugs were frosty though and the kids were happy to sip their drinks and get cart rides at the golf course as well. Thanks to so many of you who emailed me notes and/or photos of your family celebrating together too! It always feels like the official "kick-off" of remembering Teagan from now til the end of the month. There were lots of great times that July of 2001, and of course, there is the sorrow and hurt that always lurks as the 29th and 30th approaches. Thankfully, we have lots of smiles to recall and new ones we're capturing right now too, and so it goes in summertime for us!
The past week or so we have been enjoying the heat, sun and air conditioning too. =) We've gone through lots of popsicles and ice pops and the sprinklers run to keep the lawn watered and the kids happy at the same time too! I was just looking through some of the photos I snapped this week and recalling how Ava and Crew had a special connection being the youngest and at home together when he was first born. It's amazing to me just how quickly the age gap closes and they find similar interests {like sprinklers and popsicles!} and develop a unique bond even at this young age. Crew has taken quite an interest in posing and looking right into the camera, so that makes me happy too. I will admit that I am sensing some "fear" as I try to imagine how he will react to a new baby and suddenly join the ranks as an 'older kid' just like his other siblings. I am hoping for a smooth transition and we've never had jealousy issues in the past, but as I know full well, there's a first time for everything, so we'll have to wait and see! We're approaching the countdown and already are only about 6 weeks away from meeting our new baby face-to-face.
With this month of July in full-swing I do find myself emotional, thoughtful and always grateful that God goes ahead of me and knows exactly what is planned for us- being mindful that He is love and is never taken by surprise! Whether or not you need encouragement or comforting from life's hurt, or even Hope for something that is spinning out of control in your life, I hope you can sense that God is bigger than all of it and when you trust Him in everything He never lets you down!
I've lived and learned that lesson more than once in my lifetime, and hope that no matter how much disappointment or joy my family experiences in life, that they will rest in the promise of God's unchanging character. He is good. ALL the time.
Right now we are fortunate to be enjoying "mostly good" and we're so grateful for summer, blessings, and the promise of things yet to come!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Jody-

Thank you so much for writing what you do. I know that you haven't had an 'easy' life, but the fact that you don't let that stop you from enjoying what you do have is so encouraging. I'm just having a rough day & it's good to know that just because life isn't easy doesn't make it bad. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Anonymous said...

I check your blog everyday and I am touched and awed at how you can remember your girl with joy and peace and still keep on livin' and lovin' with the rest of your family. How did you find this balance of remembering without being sad and depressing?

Veronica said...

RE:Crew and being an older sibling....I read in some child psychology book back in the day...that if the siblings are under two years apart it takes only two days for the older sibling to never know that they were the youngest at one point in time. I have three boys 30 months apart (from beginning to end) and they have no idea on life alone, life as a youngest, life as an oldest...they are just one. Although having the boys that close did wonders to my physique...I would not have done it anyother way....they can't live without eachother.

I just bet Crew and Soon-to-Be will be the best of friends!

Hoodia Gordonii said...

Hey Mandiegirl I am touched by your words...Its true that life is not easy...

Lauren said...

Your family is beyond precious!!! Those pictures are beautiful!!! Can't wait to see your new addition to the family!!! :)