Saturday, March 01, 2008

A new month...some new opportunities.




March 1st and I am ready for a new month to start. The last two have had lots of challenges and stress for my family and I am ready to take on something new. What I have been feeling the past few weeks is that although life has thrown us some curve balls at times, I still have much to be thankful for. We are blessed in many ways.
March is a special month for me as it brings lots of memories of Teagan. Her birthday is March 18th and so it just seems to trigger memories and we always celebrate her birthday and remember her in a special way. In years past we have found ways to give to others in honor of her memory and it just makes me feel good to know that her life still can touch others in a positive way.
So that is part of the thought behind the new challenges I am wanting to embrace. I just have had different encounters and things pop up in my life which seem to be speaking to me to step up and do more. I know that there are many of you who read this blog who would love to join me in some or all of the challenges I plan to post here over the course of the month. Some ask very little of you. Others are going to stretch us- or at least give us pause to think and decided how we will respond. I hope that you will find inspiration and encouragement and blessing as you read along and hopefully get involved too.
The first challenge is one that is being brought to us by my dear friend, Wilna. She has a friend, Lois, who is in the middle of a battle with cancer and Wilna has invited us to send handmade cards to show Lois support and love and encouragment from all over the world. It is a small gesture but when hundreds of people take action it becomes a major statement and hopefully will touch Lois' heart in a way she never thought possible. Wilna has even gotten several people to offer a variety of 'prizes' which one person will receive later on this month. Just as her way to say thanks to everyone who gets involved and reaches out to her friend. All of the information you need is here at Wilna's blog. The artwork you see here is by Wilna too. She is a wonderful artist and has such a big heart. The card is one I just made today for Lois. I wrote a note with this verse inside,
Deut. 31:8 "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Sometimes truth can be so comforting.
I think this is an 'easy' way to start this month of challenges and I hope that you find as you do things for others that the blessing you receive only fuels your fire to do even more! I think it will be great to think of this 'month of green' as a month of giving; and there will be much growth in all our lives as a result. Happy March 1st! {If you do make and send a card, I'd love for you to just leave me a comment of your name and where you're sending posting your card from. Thanks!}

13 comments:

Jan said...

Jody, so glad for challenges to stretch - always a good thing. I'm just letting you know I've already sent a card to Lois - from PA. It went out last week. It's in the gallery of cards... I also (finally!) figured out how to get the artwork/icon on my blog with a link to Wilna...

I hope people will join in and share a little of themselves in this way...

God bless you and strengthen you as you inspire others and face your own emotional challenges this month...
xoxoxo
Jan

Tami H said...

I was just feeling sorry for myself when I read this. What a wake up call. I'm going to make a card for Lois this afternoon...postmarked Nebraska.

Angi said...

I just mailed out three from Ohio the other day :)

I hope to send more, as I am feeling blessed just being a part of something so big & heartwarming!!

Coco said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coco said...

Thank you for the opportunity to help spread love and support!

Coco (Florence, KY)

Just call me "B" said...

Hey, I mailed a card to Lois from here in Alabama!!!

Thanks for the challenges, I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I'm mailing a card from me in South Florida.
Thanks for posting this Jodi, I think it's a great idea and will hopefully put a well-deserved smile on her face when she receives all these cards. Bless you.

Anonymous said...

I am making a card and have already recieved two others from fellow teachers at my school in South Africa which will be mailed tomorrow (Monday)
Tertia

Beverley said...

I'm posting one from New Zealand. Will put the link on my blog to see if we can get more from 'down-under'.

Lea L. said...

Hello again Jody!! Long time no comment...but I still read your blog quite often. I stepped away from the blog scene for a little bit, just to get a break. But, I am back again!

I wanted to congratulate on your pregnancy! I meant to do it right when I read about it, but I can be a space case. That is no excuse, and I really should have- so I apologize, and am sending you an extra special CONGRATS hug over the internet!

I want to send a card to Lois....so thank you for posting that info.

I also wanted to let you know that I still STALK your craft projects as well! I love how bright and colorful they are!

God Bless you Jody-
Lea Lawson

Kate said...

My 3 year old son and I both made cards last week...sent them from the far reaches of La Loche, Saskatchewan Canada!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jody,

I will be sending one in the morning from Melbourne Australia. My 5 year old has drawn it (she is soooo much more creative than me!!).

With love

Jane (an Australian Belle)

MH72 said...

I have mailed a card for Lois from Denmark :-)