Saturday, September 22, 2007

A little something...


My hubby and some friends were up at the crack of dawn to go golfing and then had tickets and went to the Notre Dame football game this afternoon. I decided to lay low and didn't even do laundry til 7:30 pm. I stayed in comfy clothes all day long too.
I found a bit of time to hang out with my kids and they played while I scrapped. It's really quite cute for me to see how interested they are in so many of the products I use. Ava and Bella LOVE my button jar...they dump and sort and line the buttons up. They group them and "plink" them into the jar and do it all over again. Wyndham likes to look at one of my mini project books as well as cut things...when I allow that. =) Brock was busy outside, but did get in on the tail end of this layout and he wanted to know how a person decides what to put on the page when you have so many things to choose from. I told him that's the challenge...he thinks he'd like to try it sometime. =)
I ended up with a just-for-fun; I'm glad we got to meet and hang out layout of me and my friend Jo-Anne. She lives in Holland and we spent time together in Chicago with Scrap In Style TV this summer. I appreciate her friendship and that of ALL the girls I hang out with over there. What a great place...what a lot of exciting changes coming up soon! I will keep you all in the loop, and if you'd like to see the full layout I scrapped today, it's in my gallery here.
Nothing like creating something to feel like I'm beginning to get my groove back. It's been a long week for me, and I am so glad to know it really was okay to have a few down days. And yes...now you all know I really am just plain old me...human as the rest of you! {wink}

6 comments:

Rays Family said...

Never doubted it for a minute! I'm glad to see that the sunshine is peaking back in. Take care.

.Tom Kapanka said...

This is the worst start in football history for ND. I don't remember Chip being a Michigan State fan. Hope he's' doing okay. =)

Débora Prass said...

Hey! My sister went to the game too! She is from Brazil (just like me, of course), living in the USA now (not me, I'm still here, en BRazil that is! :)), and it was her first football game ever! She really liked it.

I really enjoy reading your blog, and it always remind me to cherish the little moments of life. Take a look at mine sometime (even though it is written in portugues...)!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but you're still a big scrappin deal :)

Anonymous said...

Patterns of Ink
I am not a State Fan. Notre Dame Fan all the way.
-Chip

.Tom Kapanka said...

Chip,
I knew that! That's why I hoped you were doing okay in "recovery." This is going to be a rough season for ND fans. Michigan was off to a similar rough start, but they seem to be doing okay in conference play. Sorry to use Nitty Gritty for sports talk, Jody. =)