Friday, August 10, 2007

Gotta love honesty. =)

I just washed my hair and towel dried it. It was sticking up all over while I buttered and jellied my girls' toast. I was just about to turn and head to the bathroom to comb down my wild hairdo as the girls ate breakfast when Ava said, "Momma, I love you...{pause} and your hair's not perfect."
I have to admit...it's one of the best compliments I could get...to be loved in spite of my "imperfections". I love, that as small as they are, my kids seem to understand that love comes from the heart- and it loves. No matter what.
I challenge you to love today without judging first. Easier said than done...but I promise you it can make or break someone's day.

2 comments:

mary h. said...

So funny and so true-about the love part, not your hair. lol.

FlipFlop Mom said...

HA HA HA HA HA .. now that was the BEST !! I think the BEST thing I have ever read here.... HOW SWEET and HONEST and PRECIOUS!!! Those are the Best moments in life!!