Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Mixed up.

Here is a link to an article that I have read a few times, and shared via email to a few people who I have connected with online.
It's titled, "Don't Waste Your Cancer", and it's got some great points. I like it for the simple fact that you can read it and subsititute the word 'cancer' for whatever struggle comes up in life- we all have them. You could replace cancer with words like: grief, financial ruin, divorce, infertility...all sorts of big issues.
And yes, when you come to Nitty.Gritty., just as a reminder, you never know what you're gonna get. That's the very basis of what my life is about- maybe it's mixed up. Maybe my thoughts ARE all over the place, but I won't apologize for that. It's who I am and what makes me- me. It's one of the things I struggle with in life- the fact that sometimes I really like when life gets routine and predictable and 'easy'. When life is too 'soft' we tend to get self-reliant and really, I don't know that that's the best 'growing environment' for me. I don't love the 'hard stuff' in life all the time, but it does present challenges and opportunities and definitely demands more of me. That's just a note to clarify how it is that I share a sad story and then post pictures of me in an apron. It's life. It's just the way things go sometimes. I just put it all out there. Maybe that's my biggest downfall. Goodness knows we all have them. I'll be the first to stand in line and admit that!

9 comments:

Cynthia said...

Jody, that is a great encouraging article. It echoes much of what I have felt, but have not been able to put to words. I'll have to read it again, and "chew on it," so to speak. I guess in scripture, it's called "meditate." Thanks for the link.

Kelly said...

Thank you Jody, I love your blog, it is so encouraging and yes - your thoughts are all over the place, but so are everyones elses's - that is life, that is real.
Thank You

Kimber-Leigh said...

My husband's father shared that article with us several months ago...and it has definitely been an encouragement to us!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jody!
I rarely post comeents, but i do read your blog daily. Speaking of encouraging...i got an email today from a scrapbook friend of mine, and i just feel the need to share the below link today! I thought you of all people would and could help in this! We scrappers out there have a great oppurtunity to help this cutie!
http://www.shaneswish.com/index.php

Anonymous said...

Loved your response in your previous comments and the way you further explain yourself here again. Seems to some "Ignorance is Bliss" and you get dragged into the middle of their life issues! Way to go with your kind answer, once again. I personally like you being allover the way you are. It makes me feel more normal in my own life and thoughts. Random- as yours at times! Thanks for being so NITTY GRITTY.

.Tom Kapanka said...

I'm glad that you don't worry about this stuff and yet you're never "in the face" of your readers. You've done a great job creating a unique casual yet powerful venue here at Nitty Gritty.

Anonymous said...

Awesome article. Loved the perspective and the shift in thinking that when God allows something, it is in fact, part of his design. Hard to remember on a regular basis. I was never aware of the site before so appreciate the link. Glad once again to be a reader. All the best, Molly

Tina said...

I have read that before and love it. I also really like the picture of you on your sidebar. :)

Anonymous said...

Great pic of you !!!

Have a good day !

Jackie Carl
Marion, IN