Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Because I'm forgetful.

And because my kids might like the chance to "see and hear" a glimpse of their childhood, is one of the reasons that I keep a blog. I've been meaning to jot down some of the cute sayings that Bella has said this past week. She topped it off yesterday when at bedtime when I asked her for a bedtime kiss she responded, "I'm all out." I said, "You are?" To which she replied, "Yes. I'm all out of kisses right now, but I do have leftover hugs".
You don't need to ask me twice if I took 'em! =)
A few minutes later she somehow had found two 'extra' kisses to give me before bed.
One of the other things she said that I thought was cute and insightful for a 4 year old, was about dandelions. She's been picking them and loves the big yellow ones as we walk the street in our neighborhood. The other day though, they were all puffy and had turned to seeds. She saw them and exclaimed, "Look Mommy! The dandelions are shedding!" I had never thought of it that way. =)
Another one that I just had to record happened while I washing her hair. I don't recall if it was the Caramel Popcorn or Buttercream Frosting body wash/shampoo that she had picked, but either way they smell awesome. As I lathered her up, I said, "Bella, you smell so good I could just eat you up!" She looked at me and said, "If you did that I would miss ME when I'm gone!" I couldn't help but love her honesty. I don't want to forget how much I love the different phases and stages that my kids are all going through at any given time. Especially the times, as innocent kids, when they look at life so literally. It just reminds me to slow down, to enjoy the way they understand things, and now that I scrapbook, this kind of stuff is perfect to record and remember.

I realize this stuff is cute and memorable mostly to me and to my family. But someday, it will provide laughs and memories for my kids and their families. And hopefully it will 'jog' some good memories for me in my old age too.

11 comments:

TRACEY said...

too too cute, your children are so cute!!!! I love reading your blog so inspiring I justvstarted mine recently but I am so not good at putting my thoughts to paper or keyboard we shall say lol take care.
Tracey
http://tracey-itsmylife.blogspot.com/

Christal said...

I am thinking that I may need to get me some body wash like that! HMMM!! Sounds yummy!

Unknown said...

Oh, my girls would love that stuff! I am going to have to hunt it down myself too...
Thansk for reminding me to remeber the little cute sayings! Gonna have to blog them myself!

FlipFlop Mom said...

Ok.. this had me ROARING today.. WAY TO CUTE!!!!! I LOVE kids sayings!!!!!!! and they're so HONEST about em!!

Cris said...

LOL. I love kid logic. :P

Rachael said...

A beautiful photo!
xx

Lisa said...

Oh how sweet! I love the things kids say!! It always amazes me what Cole comes up with. I'm so glad he's mine and he's says those things to me!!!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable story about your daughter! She certainly does have some fun things to say. I love that about kids...and I'll enjoy it when my little girl starts saying more things too. Right now at the age of 1 minus 10 days, my "little bug" is saying things like "Mama," "Dada," "hi," "buh bye," "uh-oh," "ball," and the coolest one that happened yesterday was "book!" It is so much fun to see her little mind soaking everything up. Hope you're having a great day!

Anonymous said...

Dont you think you can have the worst day in the world but a hug like that can make it all better! I am lucky my son is a real kiss and hug monster....and I dont take advantage of that at all!!! lol xx

rustic roots said...

First of all I must tell you that you've been on my mind since you left me a comment about my circles. That night, I had just finished watching the Pursuit of Happiness and sat down to check my mail, having no idea of what was in store. After many tears, the inspiration that I first found from the movie and then from reading your story, I went straight into my son's room and just watched him sleep for hours(and had many more thankful tears).Thank you for reminding me to cherish every moment that I have and can share. You and your family are a true inspiration.

thank you!
merrit :)

Anonymous said...

that picture is so precious!