Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Treasure hunt

Are you ready for a little trip today? I hope so. You are just going to have to trust me on this one. I know it's not normal, but I've found a lot of great things and surprises in life are just waiting around the corner if we are willing to take a peek.
So, today I am sending you on a sort of "treasure hunt" if you will. Instead of writing out my most recent thoughts, you are going to have to click over to another blog to find them. I happened to stop by a blog that I go to usually once or twice a week. This morning I was led to comment and my words got rather lengthy in response to what Greta had written.
She is an artist at heart, but has a message within. I would love for you to go to her blog, www.vintagelife4me.blogspot.com and read her post titled "Let My Lifesong Sing to You". Then I want you to click on the comments section and read my response. That's my post for you today. It's where my heart and soul are at at this very moment in time.
Then if you feel led, please leave her a comment- or even better, come back here and leave one for me. I'm so hope you find this to be worth the extra effort. I believe that some of life's best blessings are there for the taking- we just need to go the extra mile. I hope this message is something your heart needs to hear. Enjoy the ride!

7 comments:

Christy said...

I found your blog off Elise Flannagins. This has been an inspiration to me. Thank you for being one who's heart beats to the rythmn of Christ's love.

I don't know if you have ever heard of Rob Bell of Mars Hill Bible Church. (google him). or go to nooma.com he talks about just the issue you are talking about in your comment to her.

Remember "love wins"- it won on the cross and it can win in our everyday lives.

thanks- Christy

Anonymous said...

very cool idea...ck'd it out...thanks for linking me up!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link Jody...what great reminder in the busyness of this life and things so clammoring for our attention...I left a comment on her blog and now I am really sad that I didn't pursue you harder in Alabama...I so wanted to meet you but you were very busy flitting around with your friends and talking and I'm not the pushy type who forces my way in...so I waited for a better time and there didn't seem to be any...just wanted you to know how much your life has ministered to me...your testimony...your witness...it has touched a cord deep within me and I know it is our Lord who is speaking through me...I am so thankful He uses people and He has used you in many a life you are not even aware of...thank you for being so willing to be used by Him, to reach others for Him...your walk has made a difference in my life...I will pray for her too...can a soul be so hard not to be penetrated by His Spirit? Thanks again.....
Blessings....

Anonymous said...

okay cute girl! Thanks for the lead...wonderful words...I invite you to check out my first two journal entrys of round three of the 21 day challange...

Rhonda said...

Thank you for once again being an inspiration and bringing me the message I needed to hear.

Iris said...

Thanks Jody!! You've really added to the many thoughts that have been floating around in my mind for the past week or so. You've truly blessed me once again.

Anonymous said...

God can do some amazing things...Whitney Cerak is alive! I guess it was a mistaken Identity! She got to experiance being dead...You know how people say that they wish they could die so they could see who came to there funeral...she got that chance! God has plans for everyone and I beleive that he had big plans for her!