Monday, April 24, 2006

This is what you get...

I'm home. Back from the longest stretch of me-time I can remember and it was wonderful. And exhausting. But it felt good and whatever doubts I had about going to that scrap event melted over the course of the weekend and by the time I headed home yesterday it was though I could look up and see all the stars lined up in place for me. I chose to be bumped from my original flight home and got a round-trip ticket to use for another time. It was so reassuring to me that I had truly been in the right place at the right time. Don't you just love it when that happens?!
So, to anybody who stops by that was witness to the Scrap Etc event, leave a comment to say hi. You were a pleasure to be around and I hope I can do it again sometime.
There is no feeling in the world that compares to the hugs one gets from the "stars of your life" after being away from home for any length of time. I've got some truly happy kids this morning- happy just to have me home. I only wish they could appreciate me like this all the time! No matter. I am enjoying the extra big smiles, the tight hugs around my neck, the kisses from two kids on my cheeks at the same time, and just simply feeling their love. Oh yeah. Chip's happy I'm here too. And Rachael is probably feeling relief.

4 comments:

shan_nell said...

I am glad you had a good time on your much needed trip away from reality!!! I am so envious! I hope you have a great day today, and may your children continue to appreciate their mom and express it in only a way our children can!

Michelle Sanders said...

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I too attended the event this weekend and it's wierd to say, but I think it changed me a little. I think I will see differently, live differently and scrap differently from here on out! I was filled with joy, love and inspiration the whole time I was there! I so loved seeing all the scrap stars too! Anyways, I remember seeing you there and now I wish I had said hi. Well, keep on scrappin!

Anonymous said...

glad you had such a great time. I am so relating to all that you said today- trying to keep this awesome groove we've got going for the rest of the week!
it's good to be away, but it's great to be home, too.

I always say, when God wants to teach you something, he takes you on a trip. guess He taught you some cool things. I know I learned bunches on my trip.

Deene Souza Photography said...

Hey, just wanted to pop in again and say hello! I met you in passing . . . talked about the HS kitchen aide. Member? Anywho . . I think you are adorable . . . wish I looked that cute in my glasses. And I had the same experience. Wasn't it stressful to leave the little guys so long, but how awesome to come home to those hugs? My dd was waiting for me when I got home at 11:00PM with huge hugs and that alone was worth the time away. I came home refocused on the hobby I love and excited about the memories I'm documenting for my family. Oh. . . I also came home with an enormous CC bill. YIKES!