Monday, December 19, 2005

Gotta love a Christmas birthday!
















As we near Christmas most of you are finishing things on your to-do list, making travel plans, attending holiday parties and wrapping gifts. I do that stuff plus have a birthday thrown in on top of all that. I'm okay with a "Christmas birthday" because it's been that way since I was born- so I'm kind of used to it by now.
My birthday is tomorrow and I'll be 33. Old to some of you, in my prime for others, and just a 'young pup' to the rest of you. I'm younger than the cast members of the former hit show "Friends"- but most of the time I feel much older. Probably because I've been married for 10 years and have had 5 kids. That alone makes one feel old. Not 'bad old'- just experienced old.
I have had a great year being 32 and posted one of my proudest moments- me with a big batch of Buttercream icing. The world would be a better place if we all ate more buttercream- I'm sure of that. It's got something in it that just makes you smile and feel good all over.
The second picture is me and my girls. Including 'my girl', Rachael. She's like part of the family and I am so happy she's been in my life this past year. I've been blessed with friendship & family and those are what ultimately matter in this life. So, for my birthday this year, I am hoping for another year like this last one- only me being a better me, enjoying happy, healthy kids, hubby, friends and maybe an occasional batch of buttercream! And if you want to know what else you can get me- you can always send an e-gift certificate from Starbucks, Amazon.com, Red Envelope, Oprah's Boutique, the Gap, Shabby Shoppe, Pottery Barn, Godiva, Bath & Body, Smashbox cosmetics...or QVC. Just a few ideas for you. {Ahem. Chip}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Girl! I can so completely relate to you! A friend of mine gave me your blog info, and I have been visiting it for a few weeks now. Actually, I discovered it about two weeks ago around my birthday (by the way, you're a year OLDER than me ~ ha, ha!) There are times when I feel SO old (been married for almost 13 years now), and then, there are times when I still feel like the giddy age of 18 (don't really want to be 18 again, but I would so love to have the body I did at 18)!!

Well, hope you have a wonderful day! Enjoy it, because you've "earned" it ~ I don't know about you, but I never really get a day off with the two kids running around and all. Hope Chip buys you something you absolutely love!! And HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!