Tuesday, February 10, 2015

P.S. "I didn't even know I liked poached eggs until I met you."





Sometimes it's quite a struggle for me to balance the things I "have to do" and the "things I enjoy doing" from day to day. It's not that I don't like being a mom and staying home to care for my family. It is quite a blessing and privilege in my life to be able to do so. But I do struggle with days in a row where the routine-ness of it adds up and it can make me weary. Making meals, cleaning up, starting laundry, folding laundry and keeping tabs on kids' homework isn't always a thrill day in and day out. Especially so in the long winter months here in Michigan.
So I find myself very thankful to have my hobby and outlet in scrapbooking. I am on two different design teams {both Maya Road and Cocoa Daisy} and it is truly the creativity that I crave that keeps my spirits up at times. I wonder if my kids or anyone will care to look back on some of the photos, stories and things I've made years from now, but even if they don't I know that it has been fun for me. Just as some people sit and watch sports on tv or paint or do crossword puzzles or work out. Whatever it is that fills a certain point of happiness inside of you I think is an important part of life.
Even if it means you document things like how much you appreciate breakfast with your husband on occasion. =)
I am actually getting excited to do lots of picture-taking and memory-making when I get to join Chip for a weekend in Palm Springs, next week. He will be out there for some golf adventures, and I am meeting up with him to round out his week. The warmth and sunshine are high on my list of "things I think I will love about Palm Springs"! I know there will be some relaxation, good food, fun memories and hopefully some great scrap pages when I get home from the trip too!
I'll be sure to post some pictures of our trip- both on FB and Instagram too. So if you don't already connect with me in those places, feel free to send me a request!
I hope my phone has room for all the photos I plan to take!

4 comments:

Nuts in a Tree said...

How exciting...a getaway for two! Just what loving parents need...and we often forget to do. Have fun...can't wait to see your memories.

Rhonda :)

Kirsten J said...

Well said - some days I barely take care of myself, but it's so important! And those creative outlets keep my heart happy - and yay for a getaway with your hubby!

Anonymous said...

Been too long... checking up on you all :)
Love from Mari in Canada

Anonymous said...

日本性感护士写真
欧美美女写真馆
槟榔西施摸奶
视讯美女34c
指油压按摩
msn视讯
网路交友陷阱
成人秀日本
美女恋爱约会密技
视讯驱动程式