Friday, February 18, 2011

When he came along...



Twelve years ago Brock was born into our lives and my heart and arms had never been more full. We all fell in love with him more and more as he grew- and that's still true today. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to handle the demands of two little ones at that time. (Teagan was not quite 2 when Brock was born.) That thought now makes me laugh when I compare life "then" to life "now". Oh how things have changed- and it really is hard to believe how quickly the years have gone by!
Brock still holds such a special place in our hearts and lives. He's gone from being the younger brother- very much a follower- to a dependable, exemplary bigger brother to a house full of kids. He brings a lot of laughter into our home. He is always willing to lend a hand to help out in any number of ways and he does it without complaining 99% of the time too.
He has big dreams for his future and I know he has the passion and perseverance in him to make them happen too. I feel lucky to have such a great kid born to me. Even though I'm his mom I consider him a great friend. I think the feelings are mutual. At least for now. =)
When Brock came along so many things in our lives changed that day. For the better!
Happy Birthday, Brock! We love you!
{The "winner" from the previous post is #17- Chris Cross. Email me your mailing address and I will send you some mail!}

3 comments:

mimisherry said...

Oh how your heart is full...yet seeing those photos I am sure it is also aching for those days..when your other little angel was deep in your grasp!
You have endured so much and you are a wise and wonderful woman who is daily inspiring not only your son, but all of us too!!!
Blessings to you sweet Jody!!
XO
And Happy Birthday to your handsome son!

babyrndeb said...

Happy Birthday Brock!
aren't you amazed at how fast they grow!?!?

You look pretty darn cute by the way... :)
Debbie

LaVon Baker said...

All three... breath-takingly adorable.