Monday, December 21, 2009

Yum. Cake.


Yesterday was my birthday. Thirty-seven years of having a good excuse to eat cake in the middle of the busy holiday season. =) I was treated very well by all my family~ Chip kept the kids busy all day; or was it the kids keeping Chip busy all day?! Either way I basically got to enjoy some time out of the house (including a stop for an Eggnog latte) and enjoyed my time back in the house. Chip had baked me the second cake you see here- one of my favorites. It's a Pillsbury Bake-Off winner and the fresh whipped cream is the main thing I love about this one.
That other cake came from the colour lovers' blog. The creator of the blog celebrated his 28th birthday a few months back and his mom and girlfriend surprised him with a very colorful BIG cake! Wouldn't you love that! There is time, thought and love poured into both of these cakes and I am happy to say that I had a great birthday. Even though it meant I got another year older. If you wished me Happy Birthday on Facebook, I saw your note. It took me awhile to read over 100 messages, but they sure made me realize I am loved and that's a good thing when you get old too!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Awww, so glad you had a wonderful birthday (I so would have treated you to dinner at Carrabbas if you were here. And seriously, who could not love you???? :)

Erika said...

Happy Birthday, Jody!!!!!

Kelley said...

Happy Birthday!

best toaster oven said...

Yummy! Great cake stuff here.. I love your blog it's cool.