Sunday, August 16, 2009

She's got spunk and other stuff...






Here are some recent pictures of Wyndham. She's been having a great summer. She has done great with her new bike and has had some fun outings with her friends at therapy (Hope Network) as well as with our family. It's hard to explain some of her issues sometimes because to us she is just Wyndham. We treat her as 'normal' as the rest of the kids as much as possible and we all love her so much. She's got the best personality and has even gotten a little bit "sassy" the past few months. In the last picture here, she snapped her fingers using the sign "no" to me when I asked for a smile for the camera. I was actually just as happy to catch her signing no! =)
Funny girl.
Anyway, as many of you know, she faces extensive surgery for realignment in her feet/ankles. It's something that has come as sort of a surprise to us when it was first mentioned after an orthopedic consult last spring. Tomorrow (Monday morning) Wyndham has her second surgical consult. It's sort of a second opionion/clarify/make analysis based on some of the procedures she's already done in gearing up for surgery. We appreciate your prayers for her and our family as we get yet one step closer toward what needs to be done. It's not an easy thing, especially since she is healthy and doing so well right now.
I'm praying that whatever she has to endure next won't break her sweet spirit. Everything else is sort of "fixable". Still, it's scary to think of what she will go through and harder yet to imagine what it will demand from her and all of us. Thankfully we feel as though we are in good hands and feel comfortable with her surgeon so far. We feel even more calm knowing we're in God's hands...the greatest Physican of all.

17 comments:

me said...

I love to hear about all of Wyndams accomplishments. These are great pictures. I am so sorry that she needs to have these procedures. I will be praying for you and your family with this next process. Mr. Crew may learn to walk with some of her new shiny metal objects. my nephew learned to walk with a cane. He would grab hold of it and "walk" with the person until they were too slow and he was crusin.

Anonymous said...

What a girl!

I hope that all goes better than expected.

Love,

Jane

Beckypdj said...

Praying the best things for you and your family.

Lauren said...

Those pictures are absolutely precious!!!!

Penny said...

Sending prayers for Wyndam and your family. She is a beautiful girl and that spunk and spirit will help her through.

NicoleC said...

You've got my thoughts and prayers. Hug Wyndham extra special tight for me!

Vicky said...

Keeping you all in our prayers and I love discovering another little side to Wyndam's personality. That bike is just too precious.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

She is such a doll!!

Anonymous said...

Praying that her surgery will go well!

west said...

Will be praying for you guys and Wyndham. Hopefully, you'll get super positive and unexpected news. :) Regardless, you're living with the right attitude and God will bless your faithfulness. Much love...JJ

darcie said...

I LOVE love LOVE Wyndam's bike! And she looks amazing riding it! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you meet with the docs - Hugs from Minnesota

Mere said...

Hearing about Wyndam makes my heart smile. She is just so precious and I love the pic of her on that snazzy green bike!!!! I'll be keeping W and your family in my prayers.

Love, Mere

Lisa & Gerald said...

Hope everything goes well for you guys..Hope she feeling better soon..Hugs...

Veronica said...

prayers headed your way for Wyndam and descernment for the doctors!

surfmomma4 said...

The pictures of Wyndam are really great I love the one where she is making a heart with her hands..she is so special. I pray that the surgury goes well and that she heals quickly with minimal pain. So hard to see children suffer for something they had no part in..God bless you Jody and your family..hugs susie

jane said...

You do not know me but I found you accidentally one day, and have read your blog since.
You have such a positive attitude and your blog is a joy to read. I know that each day is a challenge, I have four children ranging from 25-7. 2 bio, 2 adopted. our younger 2 adopted from birth. And even with just 2 at home each and every day I need to rely on Jesus to get through.
I am praying for Wyndam and her upcoming surgery. She is beautiful. I am praying for wisdom for the drs.
I have had friends go home to meet the Lord but never have I lost a family member, until last year. Aug 15, my 17 year old nephew, oldest of 8 children met his Saviour. It has been a tough year for my sister and our family. We have learned alot, drawn closer to each other and to Jesus.
Reading your blog and all the challenges that have come your way, Like Job, you keep looking to the Saviour.
thanks for being an encouragement, to those around you.

harmonysong said...

Love the pics of your beautiful girl!! Will be praying for all involved in this next medical step for her!