Thursday, November 06, 2008

Computers & creativity~


I would never have guessed that I would grow up and spend as much time on a computer as I do. I always liked video games but never touched a computer really until I was in college. Now I find I can browse craft/creative websites, shop homemade gifts on Etsy.com (that cute wellies stationary is available at Little Brown Pen, in case you're wondering and it's on my birthday/Christmas list too. {wink}) and even scrap a photo while feeding a baby or browning meat for dinner.
I was able to work on our Christmas cards by using the Scrapblog site ( www.scrapblog.com ) and I would recommend it to any of you who are into designing your own cards too. Their site is free and they have some great templates to save you time, or a wide variety of backgrounds and embellishments if you'd rather create your own look. I now feel like I have a headstart on the holiday season this year. Next up... create my Christmas playlist and get my blog in the mood too. =)

7 comments:

somebody,somewhere said...

too funny!! :) i wanted to be ahead of the game so just last week did my christmas cards at scrapblog - saved them as a jpeg and sent them to walmart for printing - they turned out GREAT - i love them!
love that site - it's how i make my headers for my blog! :)

Cynthia Jill Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

Jodi,
Do you have any suggestions on where to have Custom Christmas cards printed. I have been working on designing our card this year, but can't figure out where to upload them to print...
Walmart, of course, but they don't offer the 4x8 size....
Thanks much!

Anonymous said...

Jody,

This site http://tutucutedesigns.blogspot.com/ is wonderful. It too also has an ETSY shop and sells through BlogSpot too. The tutu's are to die for. Just a little FYI.

Nieman Family said...

LOVE IT!!! I to have used scrapblog but haven't posted anything yet since I'm making a scrap book for my sister for Christmas.

KellyB said...

I love Etsy, first it was ebay but not i am completly hooked on all things Etsy!

Have a great day!

Cynthia Jill Photography said...

Thanks for posting that link to scrapblog.com Jody! I am now officially addicted to it! :)