Friday, July 04, 2008

The 4th of July...







We took in a local small-town parade this morning. The weather is near perfection...low 70's and mild humidity. There is something so special to me about the Fourth of July. Especially as I recall years past. It has long been a family day for me-as a child it was a day for a big family reunion on my dad's side. I have find memories of the ice-cream, softball games, potluck and fun. The year Teagan died, we took in fireworks over Mackinaw Island in northern Michigan and snapped our last family picture with her- although we didn't know it at the time.
The past few years it has just been simple and fun. A day to celebrate our independence, as well as remember those who are serving and sacrificing so much for these freedoms we have each day.
I hope you get the chance to make some memories, enjoy the outdoors and especially be thankful for the freedom we have- which costs many people so much. I wish you all a Happy Fourth of July. I feel blessed to be an American.

4 comments:

Mere said...

Happy Independence Day!!

~Mere

Erin Merryn said...

Jody...I wish I lived closer your kids seem like so much fun. Such cute family photos.

Sandy said...

Hi Jody - haven't visited you in a long time! Looks like wonderful memories made for you - Happy late 4th! Sandy

susan opel said...

Awwww - now you have me missing Independence Day in Michigan! Sounds like gorgeous weather and a great day! God bless the USA!