Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Day~

Here's wishing all of my family and friends a Happy Thanksgiving. I miss you all and want you to know you were in my thoughts and on my list of people I am thankful for in life. I hope you had a day and a long list of things to be grateful for as well. Special thoughts and prayers to my cousin Justin and his wife, as he is away serving our country and she is here at home...this would be their first Thanksgiving as a married couple. I hope you were able to talk together...and I thank you both for the sacrifices you are making for others' freedoms.
To anyone else with loved ones serving in our armed forces or in other arenas, I say thank you too. To all of my Nitty.Gritty. blog readers and your families, I pray for blessings in your lives, abundant and full, that you might share with others whose lives you touch. Whether these blessings are seen or unseen, may you be grateful. Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Happy Thanksgiving to you Jody and your Nitty.Gritty. family. I know that you know how wonderful a day it can be when you have so much to be thankful for, inspite of everything life throws us. I'm thankful to know you!!

SingerMamaMelody said...

Hi Jody! Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I was just catching up on your blog a bit.

Blessings,
Melody

Elizabeth said...

I am glad that your Thanksgiving was blessed! I know what that is like to be at home alone without your spouse... Mine is gone too and has been for sometime, I miss him so much! I am praying for your cousin's time that it goes by super fast and he comes home soon! Hopefully mine will be coming home the beginning of February!!!

cara harjes said...

i am so intriged by the responses to your current poll. our generation really does "need" all of these things, don't we? we have . . . or perhaps our parents, in their attempt to give us everything they could . . . created a world for ourselves/us in which we don't just need, but i would go as far as to say, are addicted to these things. i know i am . . . at least to the TV. but what is so wild . . . while these things were made to give us entertainment and convenience, they tend to take away from the real things in my life. like music, and cooking, and naps, and talking to my husband rather than sitting next to each other on the couch - staring at a box. they take away from my need to make eye contact with and talk to the woman behind the counter at Target, because i am talking into a little rectangle that gets skinner and slimmer each year, so long as i update my two year commitment to the people who make my slim little rectangle work. these things save me from my thoughts, and prayer, and from listening to my heart, and from watching the world around me as i drive in my car - i don't have to do any of these things anymore!

thanks for posing this question the way you did.
"the thing you can't LIVE WITHOUT". wow! if i can ever answer say that i can't live without any of those three things, then it is time for me to reevaluate big time. thanks, as always, for being you!