Thursday, October 04, 2007

Where do the weeks go??



I do not recall that my school days flew by so quickly when I was a student in school. I guess perspective does change the way time feels. I always thought it took forever to go from Monday to Friday. Now I see it just whizzes by and I barely feel like it should be Wednesday...yet here it is nearly Friday!
We had another busy week at our house. Lots of the usual, classes, therapy, magazine sales, a field trip to an apple orchard (which yielded a delicious apple crisp this afternoon...yum! I love it warm with cream poured over the top...the kids had Reddi-whip on theirs), art projects, scrapping and reading new library books. There really is never a dull moment around here. In fact I am trying to figure out where I can squeeze a few 'dull moments' back into my schedule. I had no idea how much I really crave down time until it was gone. And so it goes. =)
The scrap stuff you see here is the new product designed by Kristina Contes for the Scrap In Style October Collection. I was so happy to get these items in my mail this week...the colors and papers are some of my favorites! I have played a little bit with some of the items already. I will be part of a weeklong challenge in the next couple of weeks as SIS Boutique continues their month-long celebration for their grand opening. I will post a link to my challenge and layout as soon as it's up. Fun stuff and lots of great prizes for those of you who choose to play along. If you've never scrapped before, now is the perfect time to try it out!
Thanks for so many great quotes in the last post. I've decided to create a little 'quote inspiration' book, and I plan to fill it up with lots of words of wisdom. So, whenever you come upon a great quote, feel free to leave it in my comments or send me an email. I will add it to my book! Now, if I could just figure out how to add minutes to my day... =).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Instead of telling God how big your storms are, try telling your storms how big your God is." (I don't remember the author)

"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." Victor Hugo

These are a few of my favorites that have really helped me with my worrying... reminding me that God is in control and how awesome it is to know that!

Angie

Anonymous said...

I have 2 favorite quotes.

Love defies all pain...even death. ~Gabrielle Rich Aouad

and

Never make someone a priority when they only make you an option.

Anonymous said...

I love this quote, even though it's from a movie..."I'd rather have 30 minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special" from the movie Steel Magnolias.

Gretchyn said...

There's a really cool organization called the Foundation for a Better Life. They put up some really great billboards using famous people with positive messages. They also send out a daily inspirational quote if you sign up for their mail list. You can find them at www.forbetterlife.org.

Gretchyn