Monday, May 21, 2007

I told you'd I'd be back today with more...



SO. Here it is. My first DT FAshionista Collection layout. That's a lotta title. Basically it means, I am happy I ever *decided* to become a scrapbooker.
My head is so full of layout/album ideas. I wonder how I'll ever keep up.
Probably I won't be baking as much zucchini bread and fewer lemon bars this summer too. =)
Here is my Lemon Bar recipe...courtesy of Cooking Light Magazine.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. To prepare crust, beat 1/4 cup sugar and 3 Tbsp. softened butter or marg. together with mixer til creamy. Lightly spoon 1 cup flour into measuring cup and level off. Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating at low speed until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Gently press into bottom of 8x8 baking pan. Bake in oven for 14 and half minutes. Just kidding. Bake for 15 minutes and cool on wire rack. I was just trying to liven this recipe up a bit, and make it a little more Nitty.Gritty-ish. =)
To prepare topping, beat 3 large eggs at medium speed until foamy. Add 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tsp. grated lemon rind, 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (it usually takes me 2 large lemons to get that), 3 Tbsp. flour, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, and a dash of salt..beat until well-blended. Pour mixture over partially baked (cooled) crust. Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Sift powdered sugar evenly over the top.
{Nutrition info: 16 servings. Each square contains 118 calories, 3.2 grams fat, 2.2 grams protein, 20.5 grams carb, 0.3 gram fiber and 68 mg sodium}
See? They're not so bad. Enjoy!

13 comments:

cara harjes said...

nice! i really like that layout! well done.
and cooking light . . . the best! just the best!
have a great monday afternoon!

Jason said...

Hey there...
you commented on my "movie" blog last week and I felt compelled to comment. You have always been so gracious to encourage and add little injections of joy into my blog...I thought I would return the favor.

Your story of tragic loss just split me open to the core of my being. I think I read it on Sunday morning and it was hard for me to go lead worship afterward.

I guess it just adds credibility to your words in a way that I'm not sure I can describe. How powerful your story is and even more powerful is your response to tragedy, the most horrific tragedy your could ever wish upon anyone.

Thank you for taking time to write. I just wanted you to know that it blessed my heart so much to have others of kindred heart out there fighting to not lose heart and to perpetuate the refreshing spirit of Jesus to others. You are doing that for me.

thanks so much...

Jason

Danielsmommy said...

Hey Jody

That layout rocks. Thanks for sharing...it gave me MORE inspiratoin!!!
~Heather

FlipFlop Mom said...

LOVEEEEEEEE lemon bars as I've mentioned before.. and as someone trying to do WW this is GREAT!!
Thanks!!!

FlipFlop Mom said...

OH I FORGOT.. duh.. I LOVE YOU layout... I really dooooo.. but I must have got sidetracked about food.. that doesn't surprise me one bit.. tee hee

gloria said...

LOVE your colorful LO!!

awesome job!!

and thanks sooooo much for the lemon bar recipe...so glad it's "not so bad" !!

:P

Anonymous said...

I love your lo. So cute!!!

Kari said...

Awesome layout Jody! I love it!

Anonymous said...

want to make lemon bars but how much is a cup???....we dont use cups...now I am crying I want to eat lemon bars!!

Cris said...

I love that scrap page you made. That turned out really nice.

Sonja said...

I've been a frequent visitor since you came to the great north and talked with the MOPS group. I love your blog, it puts things in perspective for me many days. I have to tell you I was just at SIStv, thanks for the hook up, like I didn't have enough to distract me before;)
By the way, lemon bars are my FAVORITE (besides lemon meringue pie) so glad this recipe is at least a little healthier. Enjoy your day!

scrapnic72 said...

Jody:

I'm usually not one for such bold and bright patterns....but you made it work! I love how your layouts showcase the individuality of each of your kids. I just ordered the Kelli Crowe Collection, so we'll see what I can come up with.......would love to take you up on that beach date (we usually like to hit the North Park Beach....not as crowded as GHSP!

Nicole.

Lea L. said...

I think that layout is adorable Jody!! So bright and colorful and fun....love it!!