Sunday, November 05, 2006

No more 'chick' talk!

I'm home from an overnight to Gaylord, where Chip and I enjoyed good times with good friends. The kind of friends that pick up right where you left off the last time. The kind of friends that make you miss them more than you already do sometimes. The same friends that you love no matter what- even if they tell you that your blog has had too much "chicky stuff" lately. I personally don't see it that way at all, but everybody's got an opinion...even my good friends sometimes!
So, shout out to all my Gaylord friends {hello...loved seeing you, hugging some of you and sharing stories about life}, that helped Chip and I remember what we really loved so much about that community when we lived there. It wasn't the massive amounts of snow- it was the people all those years.
Day 5 in my little 'things I'm grateful for this month' notebook is for friendships. The real and lasting kind. Yes, I am thankful for the friends in my life who have walked life's journey alongside of me- helped me in the hard times, laughed and celebrated the good times, and love me so much they point out my flaws and want me to be a better person in the end. THOSE are the friendships worth more than gold. I realized this weekend how "rich" I am. Yep, I am a rich girl indeed.
Oops! There I go with 'chick talk' again. {Sorry, Andy.} =)

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I like the "chick talk" and you are so good at it. I also treasure all of my dear friends. What a blessing to me... even my blogging friends!!! Thanks for sharing, I am sure Gaylord misses you.
Blessings,
Nancy

Claire said...

Hey Jody,

I'm loving your month of thankfulness! We are shaped so much by the people in our lives. You've inspired me to do a special 'spotlight on a friend' post... or series...

Hugs to you and your family as the weather is getting colder up there!

.Tom Kapanka said...

I don't know Andy, but I would agree that your occasional male readers may sometimes get that "waiting for your wife outside the fitting room at Kohl's" feeling--sort of like we're in the wrong department hoping nobody gets the wrong idea. =) So here's a thought:
How 'bout if once every few weeks you have a "guest post" from Chip where he gets to add his male perspective (in his light upbeat way) on your topic of the day. [Only you two know if this idea would work, but it might be fun.] If Chip does not like this idea, tell him it was Andy's. If he likes it,assure him that he will have at least two male readers--Andy and Me. =)
Seriously, though, you know your audience and they know you--I wouldn't tweak it too much.