Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Make this post 251...




{Note: Read the previous post first...if you haven't already doneso.My word!...when is the last time you've used the word 'doneso' in a sentence?!}
I had issues getting these pictures uploaded. As far as I'm concerned, it was worth my extra effort. Simple happiness to me in these photos, was making my 'imaginary world' come to life...posing with some of the "Scrap Greats" of the industry even though I wasn't a scrapper yet myself...and being invited to share a Ben & Jerry's turtle sundae with these incredible women at the end of a long weekend event when despite the fact that they had been swarmed with scrap-fans for two days and probably just wanted to escape from people like me. I decided then and there that this was the kind of business I wanted to be in- one that is devoted to pushing people creatively, that encourages individual style and art, and makes people feel welcomed and inspired- whether or not you do the 'same things' they do.
I connected with these women, not through good icecream- although that was a pinnacle moment for me, but it was more about their passion and vision. I can't really put that into words, and for me that is telling in and of itself. I'm generally quite adequate at writing and expressing my thoughts. I think maybe it's because I'm still in the process of unfolding all that scrapbooking and blogging and this 'new vision' has come to be in my life. That's part of the fun of this journey which is my Nitty.Gritty. It's about getting to the bottom of my heart and making it meaningful to myself and the rest of you that stop by here. See? I told you it was more than just good icecream!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful post. I love reading your blog!!!

Laura Williams said...

YOUR MY NITTY GRITTY HERO JODY!!!! (if i had pics with those lovely ladies - including YOU for that matter, i would iron it onto a TSHIRT and wear it every stinkin day!)

Anonymous said...

I don't remember how I stumbled across your blog but I'm sure glad I did...you're truly inspire me. I consider you one of the "Super Stars" and I check your blog daily along with the others! so, THANKS! And keep up the great work!

Crafty P said...

congrats on 250 and 251!

I always enjoy stopping by for a daily dose of nitty.gritty. You inspire me in many ways, sometimes to go out and make a cake with buttercream icing, sometimes to be thankful for the littlest things in my life.

I shall celebrate tonight for you, by eating some rocky road. yum yum

Anonymous said...

Darn - I didn't make the pictures! Nonetheless, very grateful that we got to connect that weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

I thought of you when I saw this charm bracelet. (On my favorite website, btw).

http://www.etsy.com/view_item.php?listing_id=385219&pic_id=3

Anonymous said...

I wasn't going to ask you this, but I can't help it: Will you comment in your next post where you got your cute brown vest? I love it....

Joyous said...

:) Mmm, delicious ice cream!

Anonymous said...

You have a nanny ????