Thursday, February 02, 2006

the day is coming, I know...

The day when I will climb into bed and there will be no Chocolate Lucky Charms in my sheets or plastic jewelry under my pillow. I realize that the days fade quickly and even the seemingly unending crumbs in and around my bed will be just distant memories. And I never want to lose these memories. One day I will pull up the covers and I will realize how much I miss having the "mess" of my kids in my house. And it will make me long for the day I have today. So, I am savoring it. All of it. Crumbs and all. And I hope Chip won't think I'm crazy when I throw cereal in the bed when we're old and retired- just to help me relive the "good ol' days". I hope they still make Lucky Charms then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that reminder...for me it's toy balls (two boys)...balls in the couches, balls behind the plants, balls in the bed...balls falling from the second story at any moment...I'm going to enjoy it too!

Deanna- yep Dee-na said...

had to laugh so hard! i wonder if i really will miss it... maybe... probably!