Sunday, November 13, 2005

Why I am happy at this moment...

The following list are the little things that happened to me today, that aren't spectacular or necessarily exciting on their own. However, when you combine them all together it makes for one simple, happy day. Normal. But for me, normal is almost always a Wonderful thing.
Here are the things that made me happy today:
~Woke up and was able to shower, dress myself and four kids and get to church on time- kids even had a chance to eat leftover Blueberry French Toast beforehand.
~With chilly winds gusting outside all afternoon, I enjoyed being warm inside my house with kids, and even hubby was home for part of the day! That's something that doesn't happen often.
~Had Carrot Cake Icecream with Coconut at new Cold Stone Creamery... probably should take picture now, and then another in a few months to see how bad this place will be in my diet!
~Have 4 kids tucked in bed- 2 bathed and smelling yummy, by 8:42 pm.
~Missing my oldest daughter, Teagan like crazy, because it's been so long since we've rubbed noses and shared an "I love you"....but her little sister, Bella just said before bed, "I love you...and I want to kiss your nose."
And that, my friends about does it for today. Hope you had something really simple to be happy about. Life passes us by- whether we enjoy it or not. So I say we might as well try to enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So touched by your thought of rubbing noses with Teagan... Your outlook brings some good perspective to some recent turmoil of our own. Thank you.